Waste Management Announcement:
Effective Monday, May 11, 2020, we will resume a limited bulk item collection.
Each resident can place one bulk item at the curb on their regularly scheduled collection day during the month of May (from May 11- May 29).
Regular bulk item collection will resume for your community June 1, 2020.
A bulk item could include small furniture, carpet, mattress or an appliance.
COVID-19 has impacted the way the world operates on many levels and that includes Municipal Government.
While Lower Paxton Township has continued to conduct business, the Township has had to adapt.
For the past few weeks, residents have been able to provide public comment for Board Meetings via email or by phone prior to the meeting.
Starting today, the Board of Supervisors has added another tool for the public to share their thoughts...an Online Form!!
The Board Meeting Agenda is available in advance of the Board meeting and is available on the Twp website. Within the agenda is a link to an online form where residents may submit their comments. In order to for the comments to be included in the meeting, please complete the form by 4 pm on meeting day.
The Board will meet this week on Tuesday, May 5, at 7 pm.
Visit the Agenda Center to view this week’s agenda.
While the Municipal Center is closed to the public, staff may continue to be reached by phone and email.
The Board of Supervisors continue to meet and public comments about agenda items may be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 717-373-1599 and leaving a voicemail. Comments received prior to the Board Meeting will be read into record at the meeting. Meeting agendas are always available in advance of the Board meeting in the Agenda Center on the Twp website.
Compost Facility to Remain Closed until Further Notice
The Lower Paxton Township Compost Facility will not open in April like it has in previous years. The Compost Facility will remain closed until further notice. Residents are urged to use the curbside leaf pickup provided by Waste Management. A calendar related to the pickup schedule is available on the website. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Waste Management Announces Suspension of Bulk Pick Up Effective 3/30/20
Message from WM:
Because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Federal and State Declarations of Emergency have been issued that recommend non-essential employees shelter in place and work from home when possible to promote social distancing. As a result, Waste Management has significantly reduced its “field” work force and is focusing on the performance of essential services during this unprecedented emergency. Because of its importance to the health and safety of our society, municipal solid waste collection and disposal is deemed an “essential service” in most instances, and so Waste Management’s employees dedicated to collecting and disposing of trash are in the field continuing to perform this critical function.
In order for Waste Management to maintain its focus on municipal solid waste collection and disposal, and due to the reduced number of employees in the field, effective Monday, March 30, 2020, Waste Management is temporarily suspending the performance of bulk pickup.
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, the Township Municipal Center will be closed to the Public.
The Lower Paxton Township Municipal Center is temporarily CLOSED to the public until further notice to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Staff is available by phone or email. A complete staff directory is available by clicking here.
This also impacts the Police Department. Please place payments or requests in the dropbox by the Police Department front door.
- Sewer Payments: Payments (no cash, please) can be dropped off in the dropbox in the parking lot by the mailboxes, or paid online.
- Sewer Repair Permits: Call the Sewer Department first to make them aware that you will be dropping off a permit. Provide a $75 check and a drawing of the repair. Staff will review and call you after approved to set up an inspection.
- Permits (Zoning, Building, Stormwater, etc): Permit applications are available online. If you need more detailed assistance from the Community Development office regarding your plans or permits, please visit our Staff Directory. The Township is still accepting plans and permit applications. You must place the plans/permits in an envelope with your contact info and place them in the Sewer Payment Dropbox in the parking lot next to the mailbox or you may call the Community Development staff to make other arrangements.
- Recreation: Various forms are available online.
- Police: Please place payments or requests in the dropbox located by the Police Department front door. Please feel free to call the reception staff if you need further assistance.
- Per-Bag Tag Purchases: If you need to purchase bag tags, please place an envelope in the drop box with your name and address, the number of tags you would like to purchase, and payment. A bag tag is currently $6.25 (cash or check). The staff will process your payment and send your bag tags in the mail within 24-48 hours of receiving the envelope.
Anything placed in the dropbox should be in an envelope and include name, address, account number, and any other information to ensure any payments/plans/permits are properly distributed to the appropriate department.
Please call the Township Office for any other questions or concerns.
- Main Number 717-657-5600
- Police Non-Emergency 717-657-5656
- Sewer 717-657-5617
- Public Works 717-657-5615
The following is a link to Dauphin County’s website providing some general information on COVID-19 and other resulting closures and emergency measures being taken:
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this time and please stay safe!
The Friendship Center will remain closed for the duration of time directed by the Governor.
The FC looks forward to announcing an opening date in the future!
In effort to keep our children safe, to encourage social distancing and to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, All Lower Paxton Township Parks are CLOSED until further notice.
Released: 3/18/20Out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to maximize administrative capabilities and streamline local response, the Township is hereby prepared to adopt a Declaration of Disaster Emergency.