The Township will use this page to provide updates related to the Coronavirus.
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, the Township Municipal Center will be closed to the Public.
The Lower Paxton Township Municipal Center is temporarily CLOSED to the public until further notice to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Staff is available by phone or email. A complete staff directory is available by clicking here.
This also impacts the Police Department. Please place payments or requests in the dropbox by the Police Department front door.
- Sewer payments: Payments can be dropped off in the dropbox in the parking lot by the mailboxes, or paid online.
- Permits: Permit applications are available online. If you need more detailed assistance from the Community Development office regarding your plans or permits, please visit our Staff Directory. The Township is still accepting plans and permit applications. You must place the plans/permits in an envelope with your contact info and place them in the Sewer Payment Dropbox in the parking lot next to the mailbox or you may call the Community Development staff to make other arrangements.
- Recreation: Various forms are available online.
- Police: Please place payments or requests in the dropbox located by the Police Department front door. Please feel free to call the reception staff if you need further assistance.
Anything placed in the dropbox should be in an envelope and include name, address, account number, and any other information to ensure any payments/plans/permits are properly distributed to the appropriate department.
Please call the Township Office for any other questions or concerns.
- Main Number 717-657-5600
- Police Non-Emergency 717-657-5656
- Sewer 717-657-5617
- Public Works 717-657-5615
The following is a link to Dauphin County’s website providing some general information on COVID-19 and other resulting closures and emergency measures being taken:
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this time and please stay safe!
The Friendship Center will remain closed for the duration of time directed by the Governor.
The FC looks forward to announcing an opening date in the future!
In effort to keep our children safe, to encourage social distancing and to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, All Lower Paxton Township Parks are CLOSED until further notice.
Released: 3/18/20Out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to maximize administrative capabilities and streamline local response, the Township is hereby prepared to adopt a Declaration of Disaster Emergency.
This Declaration will allow the Township to take advantage of a number of administrative functions that otherwise would be restricted per various Commonwealth statutes; this will provide an avenue by which the Township may have expenditures related to pandemic response reimbursed by the federal government, lift restrictions on certain bidding requirements, and ease certain advertising requirements with regard to special public meetings.
Declarations of Disaster Emergencies are not typical, and this is not meant to cause panic, instead this Declaration is meant to assist the Township in operating during this time.
There are several resources available to the public regarding this pandemic including the CDC’s website and the State Department of Health’s website: