Lower Paxton Township has adopted the 2018 International Residential Codes (IRC) and the 2018 International Building Code (IBC) as of February 14, 2022. With regard to viewing the Building Code: parts of the IBC are available online, however, some documents must be purchased or you may contact the Community Development Department to review documents at the Municipal Center.
If you are a resident planning to complete a home improvement project and are seeking guidance or have questions, please contact the Reception Staff at 717-657-5600. If you are a commercial builder seeking guidance, please contact Irv Spoonhauer at Approved Code Services at 717-506-0464.
(*There will be a six-month grace period that applies as long as contracts are signed prior to February 14th and permits are applied for within six months of February 14, 2022. Following this six-month grace period, all permit applications will be reviewed to the 2018 Building Codes. The Community Development Department will be carefully tracking all applications and inspections that are reviewed/completed, so that it is known which version of codes were approved and inspected.)
Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code
Please refer to the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (PA UCC) PA Act 45 for all changes, exemptions, and exclusions to the adopted codes. Changes, exemptions, and exclusions can be found on the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry website. For access to chapter 403 of the UCC please view the Pennsylvania Code and Bulletin website.
In addition to the codes on this page, the Township adopted the PA UCC and the 2009 edition of the International Property Maintenance Code. The PA UCC can be reviewed in the Community Development Department or can be purchased through:
- International Code Council
- Metropolitan Area Pennsylvania Home Builders Association (2416 Park Drive (Susquehanna Township))
- Phone: 800-281-5539
- Pennsylvania Builders Association
600 N 12th Street
- Phone: 717-730-4380
- Phone: 717-730-4380
Building Code Official (BCO)
Contact Irv if you are a commercial builder and need assistance interpreting the Township Building Codes.
Approved Code Services
5060 Ritter Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
- Codes related to swimming pools can be found in the 2018 International Residential Code, chapter 42, as well as in the 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code.
- Energy compliance can be achieved by way of the following options …
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- Chapter 11 of the 2018 International Residential Code
- 2021 Pennsylvania Residential Alternative Energy Provisions
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code, R406 Compliance Alternatives